Monday, April 30, 2012

Amare's Hair

Even though my son is 20 months old, i still have to care for his hair as well.  To avoid tangles and knots, i try to keep his hair moisturized and typically leave it in braids (when he somewhat sits still for them).



I used, Kinky-Curly Come Clean, Oyin Honey Wash, Tiny Twirls Conditioner and Kinky-Curly Curling Custard in his hair.  The Come Clean really detangles as it cleans because i didn't have to do much to get the knots out of his after it was washed.  The Honey Wash really made his hair feel soft to the touch.  I almost didn't need any conditioner but put it in anyway.  I used a paddle brush and wide tooth comb to detangle and was done in 5 minutes.  Typically it takes me about 20 minutes to get all the knots and tangles out of his hair.  The best thing about it was he didn't even notice what i was doing.

After removing the tangles from his hair, i sprayed it with a mix of Oyin Handmade, Frank Juice, conditioner, filtered water and essential oils and applied the Curling Custard.  I wanted his hair to retain the softness, moisture and curls.  The end result was a tiny curly afro.


It's been 2 days and his hair is still soft, moisturized and holding it's tiny curls.  I'll see how it goes after a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home